To be a fan!
Legal Provisions on FAN ID
FAN ID is a document for sporting event spectators issued by a federal executive authority which is responsible for the development and implementation of state policy and normative legal regulations in the area of information technologies. А PSC is required for foreign citizens and stateless persons arriving in the Russian Federation as spectators for the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ sports events for entry to and exit from the Russian Federation. FAN IDs is also required for attending sporting events during football matches of the 2018 FIFA World Cup™. PSCs are issued on paper, as well as in electronic form.
(in accordance with Provision 28 of Article 2 of the Federal Law №108-FZ dated 7 June 2013 "On preparation and staging of the 2018 FIFA World Cup and the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 in the Russian Federation and changes to certain regulatory acts of the Russian Federation")
Spectators of sporting events are defined as persons possessing an entrance ticket for a match or a document in a form set forth by the government of the Russian Federation that entitles them to obtain an entrance ticket for a match.
(in accordance with point 33 of Article 2 of the Federal Law №108-FZ "On preparation and staging of the 2018 FIFA World Cup and the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 in the Russian Federation and introduction of changes into various legislative acts of the Russian Federation" dated June 7th 2013)"
Foreign citizens and stateless persons who visited the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ matches as sporting event spectators can enter and exit the Russian Federation visa-free in the period through 31 December 2018 on the basis of valid ID documents that are recognized as such by the Russian Federation and a personalized spectator's card (FAN ID) received before or during the 2018 FIFA World Cup™
(in accordance with Federal law № 331-FZ dated 03 August 2018 “On the introduction of changes to Article 7 of Federal law “On the preparation and holding of the 2018 FIFA World Cup and the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup in the Russian Federation and the introduction of amendments to certain legislative acts of the Russian Federation”).
An application for a FAN ID can be declined or a FAN ID can be cancelled in case it is necessary for the purposes of ensuring the country’s defense capability and security, or public order, or if information is available about facts of public order violation by sporting event spectators when public, sporting, entertainment and (or) other mass events are held outside the territory of the Russian Federation, or violations of the rules of conduct for spectators when official sports competitions are held on the territory of the Russian Federation, or about an intention to perform corresponding unlawful acts.
(in accordance with Provision 28, Article 2 of the Federal Law dated 7 June 2013 N 108-FZ “On the Preparation for and Holding of the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ and the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup™ in the Russian Federation and introducing amendments to certain regulatory acts of the Russian Federation”).
In accordance with the Procedure for Issuing FAN IDs approved by the Ministry of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation dated October 25, 2016 No. 506:
FAN IDs are issued to foreign citizens, stateless persons and citizens of the Russian Federation (hereinafter – spectators).
An application for a FAN ID is submitted by a spectator individually through the Fan Identification System (hereinafter, FIS) web interface on the information and telecommunication network “Internet” (hereinafter – the Internet) or by an operator of a FAN ID Distribution center visited by a spectator.
The spectator can select the language of the FIS webpage interface on the Internet.
The information required for submitting an application for a FAN ID:
- last name, first name, patronymic (middle name/names);
- date, month and year of birth;
- details of identity document (type of document, series, number, issuing authority, date of issue)
- ticket number or ticket order number for a 2018 FIFA match;
- mobile phone number;
- email address;
- address for the delivery of the FAN ID.
On the registration page of the FIS web interface on the Internet a spectator should:
- enter personal data (hereinafter – PD) and contact information (foreign citizens and stateless persons in English and citizens of the Russian Federation - in the Russian language). For citizens of the Russian Federation, all the fields, including the field "last name", "name", "middle name" are available only in Russian. For foreign citizens/stateless persons, all fields, including the "surname", "name", "patronymic/middle name(s)" are available only in English;
- upload a photo;
- select a type of FAN ID delivery: by mail, with courier service (for foreign citizens and stateless persons permanently residing outside the Russian Federation) or in person at a FAN ID Distribution center;
- specify the details of a ticket (tickets) or a document confirming the right to receive a ticket (tickets) for attending a match of the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ - grant consent for further personal data processing and receipt of notifications by signing them with a simple electronic signature. These are recognized as electronic documents equivalent to documents printed on paper and personally signed (the spectator is obliged to maintain the confidentiality of data used to carry out FIS verification). The simple electronic signature contains information in electronic form provided to the FIS by the spectator and confirms the submission of electronic forms to the FIS by the spectator. Verification of the identity of the spectator who submitted the electronic documents to the FIS is carried out by using short text messages to the portable radiotelephone communications device of the spectator. Additional information may be communicated to the spectator by text messages to the email address provided to the FIS at registration.
- confirm the entered information according to the verification procedure stipulated by the FIS.
A spectator's application for a FAN ID will be processed within 72 hours from the time of its receipt through the FIS web interface on the Internet.